Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I am going to be a MOB lady!

No, I am not joining a gang.  I am going to be a Mother of the Bride. My oldest daughter, Julie, became engaged to her long-time (9 years) boyfriend, Scott.  He is a romantic guy and asked her to marry him just after they finished decorating their first Christmas tree at their first home.  Needless to say, our family is thrilled as he is already part of the family after all these years.  So now the excitement of wedding planning is in the air.
Of course, no event can go without a card!  I crafted this card just the other day because I finally settled on an engagement gift to go with the card.  The background paper says "I love you".  I used chocolate brown and green because those are the colours she is favouring for her wedding.  I used a clear stamp for the phrase.  The rings are from Hanna Stamps which I embosed with silver embosing powder and then put a brown crystal embellishment for the diamond.  Now the challenge really begins - finding a MOB dress for the wedding!

2 comments:

  1. Joanne - gorgeous card! Love the silver embossing on the rings - gotta love that bling! I am sure Julie loves the card and will love her engagement gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one, Mom - very good, very good!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete